Sunday, April 27, 2008

The differences

Disclaimer:
Some aspects of this content may offend some readers, keep in mind these are only musings of observations. It does not necessarily pertain to any particular people.

I don't know how frequently people visit my space. Some like it, some don't. I'm still deciding. At this point I could take it or leave it.

What amazes me is the vast difference in vocabulary, wording, pictures, backgrounds, etc., between the adults and the teenagers. And the difference between the middle/high school ages and the just turning adult. One "just turned adult" comes to mind, I am intrigued by them. Their thoughts and writings are very "deep" (for lack of a better word). You can nearly feel the struggle occurring within them as they are torn between leaving the drama complicated world of the teens and trying to transition completely into the "grown-up" world.
Then I see the teens. What can I say, the passion they feel. The jumping to conclusions, the constant need to have something going on, even when they say they don't want to. They seem to thrive on the activity. I look back and see some of myself in this generation and think how naive I was back then. But what saddens me most is when I compare my naivety to what I see on these children's my space. It is astounding to me that there is none. I've come across pictures, videos, language, that would make even the hardest most carnal people in the world be put to the test. What devastates me is some of these young ones are suppose to be professing believers in Christ. I don't want to say I'm shocked for fear I be looked upon as prudish. However my heart hurts. Then I question myself. What are you doing to change it? What can I do to change it?
The message this morning rings loud and clear in my head (or pieces of it anyway) Religious Christians vs. Christ's followers. Religious believers gain a minimum of knowledge and then pound people with it by taking scriptures out of context. True believers in Christ will work on building a close relationship with Christ by studying the Scriptures, then share the joy of that relationship with others.
So, what could we do?

Well, I'm off to spend some time with my handsome hubby.
Love you all.
B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Religious Christians vs. Christ's followers...Amen sister. And that, in a nutshell, is why I don't go to a formal church service anymore.