Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rohan

Yesterday was one of the most difficult days I've ever had to experience.

Watching a mother and father let go of the tiny body of their seven year old son as his casket was loaded up and placed into a herse and driven away to be cremated.

Having to take pictures of that tiny swollen face. Even the makeup put on his face could not conceal the bruising and damage from the accident.

No, yesterday is not a day I care to re-live. Yet, when I close my eyes I see his face. I hear the sobbing of the parents and family as they try and wrap their minds around God having a purpose for this tragedy and how it will glorify Him.

The uplifting part is the little boy had made a profession of faith and accepted Jesus Christ our Lord into his life. He will be in heaven. Running down those streets of gold looking for dinosaurs and playing hide-and-go-seek with the Son of God Himself.

It doesn't seem fair for those left behind.

So ends the bittersweet day.

May our heavenly Father enjoy Rohan's presence in heaven as much as he was loved and enjoyed by his family and friends on this earth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now, how do I expect that I could go style hair for those who pass on? What am I thinking?!