Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Business

I'm sitting here at my dining room table eating a bowl of very healthy cereal and drinking a very unhealthy cup of coffee. The sun is streaming in the back windows and through the sliding glass door, warming my head and upper body. I wish my sister were here. We could be sitting here having our devotions and some sister time. I'm missing my sis. I tried to plan a short weekend trip where we could get together and it just be her and I. It didn't work out. So, here I sit, missing her.

Today is probably going to be a busy day. I have to make a cake for Michael's "Office" Christmas party. It's a microwave cake. A box of cake mix, 3 eggs, a 3.9 oz package of pudding mix and ......um....I think that might be it. Then into the micro it goes. I hope it will turn out o.k. Then it's off to take it to him and go check to see if my paycheck(if you want to call 10 hrs in two weeks a paycheck) is available yet. Next paycheck will be for only 8 hrs. That's o.k. though, because only working 2-8 hrs a week gives me lots of time to get other stuff done and spend time with my family. I love it. With this job I feel like I can have my cake and eat it to! No pun intended.

Mike, the baby, and I are being taken to Red Lobster tonight for Christmas. We are celebrating our Christmas tonight with my parents and Mike's mom. I don't think that's fair. But, I'm not going to get into that rant right now.

I gotta go start my day. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: